Please pray wherever you are on Tuesdays @ 10am.
Prayer of Praise and Thanksgiving: John 3: 17-21
Prayers of Petitions:
1. Father, as we hear of an increase in Covid-19 cases in Alabama, would You grant safety and healing to those with the virus and those recently exposed?
2. We are grateful Father God for all our freedoms, especially our freedom to worship You both corporately and virtually. We remember Your churches all over the world that do not have our freedoms or technologies to worship as we do.
3. Lord God, help our President, national government, the courts, Congress, state government, and local leaders to seek Your wisdom as they give guidance during the pandemic. Help them to know how and when to modify opening and closing of gatherings and businesses.
4. Father, we pray for an end to this pandemic. Teach us to trust You and not to rely on our own cleverness or understanding. Help us to remain balanced and without fear as we consider our future. Help us to lay our stresses before You.
5. Father God, bless RBC children as VBS begins next week. Bless all the families as they lead their children in these studies. Prepare the children’s hearts to receive You as their Savior.
6. While so many activities and sports are limited for the summer months would You stir the hearts of our future generations? Would You challenge our youth to serve You in ways they have never thought before? Would You call children and youth to be ministers and missionaries? Would You direct adults to mentor them alongside their families?
7. Lord, help us to see ways to serve our neighbors during these days. Would You bless those who are discouraged, lonely, sick, or isolated? Remind us as we pray how we can connect with them.
8. Father, we pray for our church staff as they minister to so many. We thank You for their many gifts and abilities. Bless them as they study and meditate on Your word. Help us as a congregation to continually lift them before You with hearts of gratitude and thankfulness.
9. Lord, we ask that you richly bless the medical staff in hospitals, clinics, and private practices as more cases are being reported. We pray for Your protection and strength for these who serve and provide for the patients.
10. Father God, would You help us to do justice? Would You shine Your light on corruption to expose wicked schemes or plans? Help us to be good citizens who understand and act with integrity.
11. We are incredibly grateful for the teaching sessions on Zoom by our faithful Sunday School teachers, as well as, other committees who have met in person or by Zoom. Bless all these in their preparation and ministry.
12. Lord, would You send a revival to our land? Help us to desire more and more of Your presence. We realize revival is costly; help us to be willing to submit to Your cleansing power.
SEVEN DAYS OF PRAYER / July
16 EUROPEAN PEOPLES. Pray for short-term teams from the U.S. who help missionaries across southern Europe. Ask that when teams are able to go, the gospel will be clearly and boldly proclaimed as well as demonstrated. Also ask that God will open new doors of ministry for missionaries.
17 IMB MISSIONARIES. Distraction is a tool of the enemy. As missionaries long for home, it’s easy to lose themselves in the world of social media and become distracted from firmly planting into the culture to which they have been called. Pray that they stay focused on the task.
18 SALAMPASU OF THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO. The Salampasu live on the frontier between the D.R. Congo and Angola. Their neighbors regard them as fierce warriors. Pray that the status of the Salampasu will soon be changed from no known believers to an entire generation of those who call on the name of Jesus.
19 NORTH AFRICAN AND MIDDLE EASTERN PEOPLES. Pray for God's peace and protection over students from North Africa and the Middle East who have accepted Christ while studying abroad. Many fear to return home because of their decision to accept Christ. Ask that His perfect love will embolden them to share the gospel.
20 DEAF PEOPLES. Even with a population that is 95 percent Muslim, there is a harvest among the Deaf in West Africa. Pray that the leaders among the Deaf believing community in West Africa will keep sharing God’s stories with the Deaf. It is very challenging to live and minister there.
21 IMB MISSIONARIES. The global pandemic changed plans for everyone. In some cases, it opened new avenues of serving vulnerable communities around the world. Give thanks for relief efforts identified and implemented by missionaries. Ask God to grant wisdom in establishing projects.